Friday 20 March 2015

Artist Interview

Why did you start a YouTube channel in the first place? Who inspired you? 

I started a YouTube channel I love to sing. It was my friends who convinced me into making a YouTube channel as well as my mum. They would always try to get me go on X factor and Britain Got Talent but I never really had the confidence. I not really that confident even till now. I was so scared when I put my first video up, looking back at it I still cringe –it’s SO embarrassing. I was surprise to see my first 100 viewers and it just grew over the week it was so overwhelming I didn’t know what to do I made another music video and I felt more nervous posting a second video in case it wasn’t good as the first but once again I good feedback. 
My inspiration of making my videos were from my mum and friends but a YouTube who inspired me is Sofia Karlberg I liked how she’s just simple in her music videos although I would say a little more girly. I would love to get as many subscribers as her and the amount of views she gets is amazing. She had defiantly inspired me into making my own video and I guess seeing her just doing what she loves despite all the hate comments she gets. She doesn’t let it get to her which is what I admire about her, that was what I was most scared about. She showed me that no matter how much hate you get, just keep doing what you love. Which I why I started my YouTube channel I love to sing and I wanted to share it with the world, but I didn’t expect to get this reaction.

Are you planning on writing you own songs?
I was thinking about writing my own song I have started to although I find it so difficult! I didn’t think it would be that hard making up a good nice song but I don’t want to force it.think I just need to be inspired before trying to make a song. I am thinking about it when the time I right, I do want to have the originality to have my own songs it would also be cool listening to people making covers of my songs on YouTube, it’ll be like looking in a mirror. 
When I was little I use to right my own songs copying the tune to other artist songs. I couldn’t sing them obviously because that was when I was young and it probably isn’t as good as I thought it was back then. Maybe one day ill sing them but I know they are terrible, embarrassing too! 

I think I just need to be inspired before trying to make a song. I am thinking about it when the time I right, I do want to have the originality to have my own songs it would also be cool listening to people making covers of my songs on YouTube, it’ll be like looking in a mirror. 
When I was little I use to right my own songs copying the tune to other artist songs. I couldn’t sing them obviously because that was when I was young and it probably isn’t as good as I thought it was back then. Maybe one day ill sing them but I know they are terrible, embarrassing too! 

Is it true universal wants to give you a record deal?
I did receive an email from EMI (universal) saying they did want do to something with me however, I'm not quite allowed to discuss this at the moment because it is still early stages however I would love it for them to give me a record deal. It’s always been my dream to be able to sing in front of a large audience just enjoying myself. I would love for EMI (universal) to offer me a record deal, I’d really appreciate it. 

Who’s you favourite artist currently and how do they influence your work?
Right now I would say right now Charlie XCX I love her style and how she sings. She seems like a really fun girl and that’s how I am once I feel comfortable. I like the song she did with Rita Ora ‘All Night’ the music video is so fun and colourful. if I decide to create a music video Charlie XCX will defiantly influence me. Also looking at her video she looks like she’s really enjoying herself which is what I have to do.

What do you do in your personal life, what do you enjoy doing?
Well actually I like to go shopping with my friends. More window shopping being a student I don’t have much money (she laughs) no but I do really like to by clothes. You wouldn’t expect it the way I dress (She looks downs  gesturing her dress). I also like swimming I find it extremely relaxing and actually an easier way of keeping shape. I'm not into that over exercising heavy lifting. My personal life isn’t that cluttered I live quite a simple life... I guess it explains why I have a YouTube account (she laughs).

Did you think a lot of people was going to view you channel?
I had no idea I receive this much love from people I wasn’t expecting anything like this. Look at me I'm having an interview with Blast Magazine. I just made a channel to share my voice I didn’t really respect a lot of people to share, like and comment on my video. I thank everyone for making this happen because without them I would never be here in a million years. 

There are millions on videos out of YouTube and I just amazed by the amount of people who viewed my video- it’s just crazy. I didn’t think I’d get this amount of people watching my video. I’ve thought this would ever happen, it feels like a dream. Seriously. Someone pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment